- Monday thru Thursday: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Closed Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- Phone: 207-564-4254
- Fax: 207-564-4418
- Department Leader:
Lisa Murray, RN
- Old Mayo Building
- 897 West Main Street
- Dover-Foxcroft , ME 04426
You will receive the latest in cancer treatment with a personal touch at the
Oncology Services Department at Mayo Regional Hospital. We have been providing
quality medical care to cancer patients since 1978.
We know life experiences such as cancer treatment are sometimes stressful, but our local, caring and dedicated medical professionals bring feelings of warmth and understanding to patients and their families.
You will find convenience is one advantage of our program. If you or someone you love is receiving chemotherapy - - consider staying close to home. We are here to serve our community.
- Dr.Elizabeth Dennis, Medical director has been a member of Mayo Regional Hospital medical staff since 2008.
- Oncologists from the Eastern Maine Medical Center's Cancer Care of Maine provide monthly oncology consultations.
- Staff nurses are Chemotherapy Certified Registered Nurses, interested in working with cancer patients and their families.
- Weekly appointments with local physician overseeing patient care
- Monthly appointments with an Oncologist from Cancer Care of Maine
- Inpatient / Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Symptom Management
- Pain Control
- Outpatient blood transfusion
- Public and patient education
- Coordination with local services
- Home health
- Support groups
- Equipment Loan Program (Wheelchairs, walkers)
- Wig Closet
- Lending library (reading and video materials)
Our Role in Cancer Research
At times, the Oncology Services Department participates in clinical trials for new cancer treatments through the Cancer Care of Maine. Through these trials, patients have an opportunity to take part in advanced research to find new and better ways to treat cancer patients.