- Monday thru Friday:
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Closed Saturday & Sunday
- Phone: 207-564-4294
- Fax: 207-564-4397
- Department Leader:
- Social Services
- 897 West Main Street
- Dover-Foxcroft , ME 04426
Social Services Department
The Department of Social Services at Mayo Regional Hospital works with your entire health care team to provide discharge planning, arrangement of needed services, resource information and assistance with financial concerns. The department consists of a Licensed Social Worker who serves as the manager and a Registered Nurse who coordinates with patients’ insurance companies.
The department is staffed Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and can be contacted directly at 564-4294. The staff is cross trained to provide these services to all patients and their families. Patients and their representatives may request assistance with discharge planning at any time during their stay. The mission of the department is to advocate for all patients and families at Mayo Regional Hospital.
- Discharge arrangements such as home health, nursing home/rehabilitation, residential care, medical equipment, home infusion (IV’s), and Hospice.
- Assistance with applications for a variety of benefits and programs, including the hospital’s Uncompensated Care program for self pay patients.
- Resource information, including a Private Duty List and emergency response systems.
- Medication assistance information and applications.
- Assistance with Advance Directives/Living Wills.
- Referrals to community agencies.